we are now accepting application for
The photography master retreat 2019
The Photography Master Retreat 2019 is planned for July 6 to 13, 2019
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
- 14 participants at The Photography Master Retreat are chosen by the selection committee – by application only.
- All applications are free.
- We accept applicants on a rolling deadline, but priority application status given to those who apply by December 1, 2018, with an early bird special.
- Applicants will be notified after the selection committee process by December 15, 2018.
The FEE INCLUDES
- The fee is US $3,300 (approximately 2,900 euros)
- 6 nights + 7 days of lodging
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinners
- The welcome dinner on Sunday evening
- The celebration dinner on Friday night
- Optional local wine in the evenings
- Optional guided tour of the hamlet of Esparon
Not included: Airfare and travel to the house in Esparon (for transportation from the airport or train station, see below)
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL ON 2019 APPLICATIONS ENDs DECEMBER 1, 2018
For priority consideration and the $100 Early Bird Special discount, send your application by December 1, 2018.
HOW TO APPLY: send your free application
THE APPLICATION FORM:
Use our online form to provide us with contact information, details about you and one or two photographic projects you want to work with.
The application form consists of three parts:
A/ Contact Information
1/ Your basic contact information - so we know how to reach you.
B/ APPLICATION INFORMATION:
1/ Letter of intent (200 words): A brief statement of your intention and your motivation to participate in The Photography Master Retreat. Please tell us in a few paragraphs where you currently see yourself and your work and where you feel want to be in the next several years.
2/ Artist’s statement (200 words)
3/ Biography (200 words)
4/ Project statement (200 words) for each project submitted
5/ One PDF document per project with up to 20 images from the project.
C/ Addional information:
1/ A few questions about your photography background and ambitions.
We are here to answer your questions. Or, if you do not receive an email confirmation of receipt of your application to The Photography Master Retreat within 48 hours, please contact us at: application@ThePhotographyMasterRetreat.com
PAYMENT ONCE YOU ARE SELECTED
- Non-refundable deposit of US $1,300 must accompany your confirmation to attend.
- Balance (US $2,000) is due 3 months before the start of the retreat.
- Single rooms are available on a first come, first served basis with a supplemental fee of US $400 per participant
- Participants (not at Les Rencontres d'Arles) should travel to Montpellier by plane or train
- The bullet train (TGV) direct from Paris (Charles de Gaulle airport) to Montpellier takes under 3 hours
- Flights are also available from Paris to Montpellier
- Transportation to and from the Retreat can be scheduled in advance, and can be coordinated with other participants
- Transportation from Les Rencontres d'Arles can also be scheduled in advance, and can be coordinated with other participants