we are now accepting applicationS for
The photography master retreat 2019
The Photography Master Retreat 2019 will take place from July 6 to 13, 2019 in the South of France.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
- Applications are currently open for 2019’s retreat. While we review applications on a rolling basis, we strongly recommend you apply by 11:59pm EST on December 1st, 2018. Applications received by that time will be given priority application status and first review. We also offer a $100 early bird special to accepted applications who apply before the 12/1/18 deadline. Applicants will be notified after the selection committee process by December 15, 2018.
Once the program is full, we will not be able to make room for additional applications.
- There is no cost to apply.
- Our selection committee will select 14 participants for this year’s Photography Master Retreat.
The RETREAT FEE INCLUDES
- The fee for accepted participants is US $3,300 (approximately 2,900 euros). Accepted applicants who applied by 12/1/18 will get a $100 early bird discount
- 6 nights + 7 days of lodging
- It includes 3 meals a day, including a welcome dinner on Saturday evening and a celebration dinner on Friday night
- Optional local wine in the evenings
- Optional guided tour of the hamlet of Esparon
_ The Photography Master Retreat emphasizes intensive review and discussion of each participant’s process and work. Portfolio reviews, supportive critique, discussions, and opportunities for introspection are all integral components of this special program. The Mentors schedule the week working with the larger group (14 participants maximum), smaller groups, as well as several individual one-on-one sessions. For more information, go to schedule.
Not included: Airfare and travel to the house in Esparon (for transportation from the airport or train station, see below)
HOW TO APPLY: send your free application on line
Use our free Online Application Form to provide us with contact information, details about you and one or two photographic projects you want to work with.
The on-line application form consists of four short parts:
A/ Contact Information
Your basic contact information - so we know how to reach you.
B/ APPLICATION INFORMATION:
1/ Letter of intent (200 words): A brief statement of your intention and your motivation to participate in The Photography Master Retreat. Tell us in a few paragraphs how you currently see yourself and your work as well as where you want to be in the next few years.
2/ Artist’s statement (200 words)
3/ Biography (200 words)
C/ Project Submission:
You can submit 1 or 2 projects. Submitting one project is mandatory. Submitting a second project is optional.
1/ Project 1 Statement (200 words) & Images (20)
Please submit a single PDF file for Project 1 with the project statement of 2 or 3 sentences and up to 20 images. Please name your PDF file: "Last Name_Project 1.pdf"
2/ Project 2 Statement (200 words) & Images (20)
Please submit a single PDF file for Project 2 with the project statement of 2 or 3 sentences and up to 20 images. Please name your PDF file: "Last Name_Project 2.pdf"
D/ Addional information:
A few quick questions about your photography background.
We are here to answer your questions about this retreat and the application process. If you do not receive an immediate email confirmation of receipt of your application to The Photography Master Retreat, please contact us at: application@ThePhotographyMasterRetreat.com
PAYMENT ONCE YOU ARE SELECTED
- Non-refundable deposit of US $1,300 must accompany your confirmation to attend.
- Balance (US $2,000) is due 3 months before the start of the retreat.
- Single rooms are available on a first come, first served basis with a supplemental fee of US $400 per participant
- Participants (not at Les Rencontres d'Arles) should travel to Montpellier by plane or train
- The bullet train (TGV) direct from Paris (Charles de Gaulle airport) to Montpellier takes under 3 hours
- Flights are also available from Paris to Montpellier
- Transportation to and from the Retreat can be scheduled in advance, and can be coordinated with other participants
- Transportation from Les Rencontres d'Arles can also be scheduled in advance, and can be coordinated with other participants
- Go to Place for more information.