APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
- Participants at The Photography Master Retreat are chosen by the Selection Committee from applications only
- All applications are free
- Deadline for priority consideration: December 10, 2017.
- Successful applicants will be contacted by Dec 20, 2107
The FEE INCLUDES
- The fee is US $3,300 (approximately 2,900 euros)
- 6 nights + 7 days of lodging
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinners
- The welcome dinner on Sunday evening
- The celebration dinner on Friday night
- Optional local wine in the evenings
- Optional mild meditation sessions and/or guided nature walks
Not included: Airfare and travel to the house in Esparon (for transportation from the airport or train station, see below)
Early Bird Special on 2018 applications ENDS December 10, 2017.
For priority consideration and a $100.00 discount, send your application by December 10, 2017.
HOW TO APPLY
A/ APPLICATION FORM (download Word doc here) [LINK]
1/ Your name with a brief statement of your intention and motivation to participate in The Photography Master Retreat. Include where you see yourself and your work currently – and where you see yourself in 3-5 years. (max 200 words)
2/ Artist’s statement (max 200 words)
3/ Short bio (max 200 words)
4/ Link to your personal website
5/ Description (2-3 sentences) for each project(s) submitted
B/ 20 IMAGES IN ZIPPED FOLDER(S)
Maximum 20 photographs from 1 (or 2) project(s).
72 dpi, jpg format, longest side 1200 pixels
To be viewed in your designated sequence, label them 01-20 with project title
- For 1 project, label: name then number 01-20
- For 2 projects, label each name then number 01-10
eg 1st project: portraits_01, portraits_02, etc
2nd project: snow_01, snow_02, etc.
Put each project in a folder with your name and the project name and compress.
Send your completed application form and zipped folder(s) to: application@ThePhotographyMasterRetreat.com
with subject line, The Photography Master Retreat_YourName
Or if you do not receive a confirmation of receipt of your application, contact us at: application@ThePhotographyMasterRetreat.com
PAYMENT ONCE YOU ARE SELECTED
- Non-refundable deposit of US $1,200.00 must accompany your confirmation to attend
- Balance (US $2,000) is due by March 20, 2018
- Single rooms are available to early registrants on request with a supplemental fee of US $400.
- Participants (not at Les Rencontres d'Arles) should travel to Montpellier by plane or train
- The bullet train (TGV) direct from Paris (Charles de Gaulle airport) to Montpellier takes under 3 hours
- Flights are also available from Paris to Montpellier
- Transportation to and from the Retreat can be scheduled in advance, and can be coordinated with other participants
- Transportation from Les Rencontres d'Arles can also be scheduled in advance, and can be coordinated with other participants