APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
- 14 participants at The Photography Master Retreat are chosen by the selection committee – by application only
- All applications are free
- Call for applications ends March 4, 2018 latest. Applications can be sent any time before that date.
- Applicants will be notified after the selection committee process by March 11, 2018.
The FEE INCLUDES
- The fee is US $3,300 (approximately 2,900 euros)
- 6 nights + 7 days of lodging
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinners
- The welcome dinner on Sunday evening
- The celebration dinner on Friday night
- Optional local wine in the evenings
- Optional guided tour of the hamlet of Esparon
Not included: Airfare and travel to the house in Esparon (for transportation from the airport or train station, see below)
Early Bird Special on 2018 applications ENDed December 10, 2017.
The application for priority consideration and the $100 Early Bird Special discount ended December 10, 2017.
SCHOLARSHIP applications ENDed December 10, 2017.
One needs-based scholarship to The Photography Master Retreat is awarded per year where the fee is waived. Please indicate the need for a scholarship when you fill out the application form, and the selection committee will take it into consideration after they review your work. You may be contacted for further information during the selection process.
HOW TO APPLY
A/ APPLICATION FORM: download here
1/ Your name with a brief statement of your intention and motivation to participate in The Photography Master Retreat. Include where you currently see yourself and your work – and where you would like to see yourself in 3-5 years. (200-300 words)
2/ Artist’s statement (max 200 words)
3/ Short bio (max 200 words)
4/ Link to your personal website
5/ Description (2-3 sentences) for each project(s) submitted
B/ 20 IMAGES IN ZIPPED FOLDER(S)
Maximum 20 photographs from 1 (or 2) project(s)
72 dpi, jpg format, longest side 1200 pixels
To be viewed in your designated sequence, label them 01-20 with project title
- For 1 project, label: name_01-20
- For 2 projects, label each name_01-10
For example, 1st project: portraits_01, portraits_02, etc and 2nd project: snow_01, snow_02, etc
Put each project in a folder with your name and the project name and compress
For example, MartineFougeron_portraits and MartineFougeron_snow
Send your completed application form and zipped folder(s) to: application@ThePhotographyMasterRetreat.com with subject line The Photography Master Retreat_YourName
We are here to answer your questions. Or, if you do not receive an email confirmation of receipt of your application to The Photography Master Retreat, please contact us at: application@ThePhotographyMasterRetreat.com
PAYMENT ONCE YOU ARE SELECTED
- Non-refundable deposit of US $1,300 must accompany your confirmation to attend
- Balance (US $2,000) is due by March 20, 2018
- Single rooms are available on a first come, first served basis with a supplemental fee of US $400 per participant
- Participants (not at Les Rencontres d'Arles) should travel to Montpellier by plane or train
- The bullet train (TGV) direct from Paris (Charles de Gaulle airport) to Montpellier takes under 3 hours
- Flights are also available from Paris to Montpellier
- Transportation to and from the Retreat can be scheduled in advance, and can be coordinated with other participants
- Transportation from Les Rencontres d'Arles can also be scheduled in advance, and can be coordinated with other participants